I've made it back to winter again. Next year, the 'year in review' will go throughout the month of December and not the month of January. I'll have more sense. January has been 'The month of the Camera", insofar as we in Ohio are concerned. Due to the generosity of 2 friends and Steph and I's industriousness, our camera collection has grown by 6 new cameras. We added a Mamiya MSX 1000, an Olympus Om-1 and Om-2, a Mamiya 135 ee, and a Honeywell/Pentax Spotmatic. All cameras are in functional shape and with a bit of TLC and lens cleaning, (fungus) they'll be back on-line. Stephanie, too, has caught the 'film-bug' and has finally finished her first roll of film in several years. Its always good to go back to analog products and do what first sparked your interest in any given craft or art. Also, due to my friend Derek, I've developed my first roll of 'found film'. Derek sent me a roll of kodacolor II film from 1974-1981 (approx) and I developed it in acufine developer. It took a week's research to determine what times and temperatures to use, and I did find several individuals that helped along the way. The film was 127 type, which is 43mm wide and contains 16 exposures. Kind of an 'in-between' film for 135 and 120, now discontinued utterly. There were 2 exposures that had been saved on the roll, all the rest were solarized completely due to someone opening the back of the camera after the film had been exposed.
Here is the result of my research. I developed for 8 min @ 22c in acufine developer.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Posted by hell-on-a-stick at 5:40 PM
Labels: Acufine developer, C41 cross processed in black and white, Copperrein, Dehk, Experimental Development, Expired Film, Found Film, hell-on-a-stick, home development, Kodacolor II
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment